- Queensland mother allegedly tried to kill her daughter while ‘possessed by devil’
- Ashleigh Meagan Watterson suspectedly suffocated daughter aged four months
- Police allege the mother tried to kill her baby on three different occasions
- Sarah, 21-months, suffered brain injuries in 2010 and died in 2012
- The toddler’s cause of death is unknown and not related to her injuries
A Queensland mother claimed she was ‘possessed by the devil’ when she allegedly tried to kill her baby daughter on three separate occasions, a trial has heard.
Ashleigh Meagan Watterson has pleaded not guilty to the attempted murder of four-month-old Sarah, who suffered ‘catastrophic’ brain injuries when she was deprived of oxygen in late 2010.
Sarah died in March 2012 from unknown…