Girl, 11, Electrocuted While Playing in Lagoon With Friends: Police


An 11-year-old girl has died after being electrocuted while playing with friends in a lagoon behind a New Jersey home, officials said.

The child, identified by friends and loved ones as Kayla Matos of Newark, was visiting two children in Toms River when the incident occurred around 8 p.m. Saturday.

The three girls were playing with an inflatable raft and swimming in the lagoon behind the home when two of the girls touched the rail to a metal boat lift and an electric current appeared to have energized the equipment, causing the injury, Toms River police said.

The other girls were not injured.

Read: Eerie Photo Shows Father Moments Before He Drowned While Trying to Save Son

Emergency responders performed CPR and used an Automated External Defibrillator on the little girl before rushing her to Community Medical Center in Toms River, where she died later that evening, cops said.

Kayla’s…



Read the full article from the Source…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *